Sunday 5 May 2013



Memorial Stones

Joshua 4

Have you set up Memorial Stones for God? So that you will remember and tell your children what God has done for you? We must all remember the times that God has come to the rescue and held back the waters for us. The remembering reminds you of HOW GREAT AND LARGE AND AMAZING GOD is when things are going well and we forget and take for granted our Lord.

I remember times when my life was at its worst – drinking, alcoholism, unnatural behaviour, how there were times of spiritual lucidity. I remember going for about 3 weeks to a little Anglican church in Maitland when times were hard. I remember crying and praying and reading a bible very randomly in the mornings when I felt I had no more reason to live, that I was worthless and nothing.

I remember crying out for help sitting all alone in a bathtub. I remember sitting on a stoep, seriously contemplating walking out on my life and never looking back.

Then I remember getting an sms to see what’s on TBN (didn’t even realise such a channel existed). I remember listening to Joyce Meyer for the first time and thinking – she doesn’t fit the profile! Hearing bit about her story made me think that maybe there’s hope for me.

I remember being saved and feeling like maybe there’s some light for me. I remember submitting ABSOLUTELY to God, not even wanting a will of my own.

I remember looking into my husband’s eyes the morning I first saw Jesus in his face.

I remember the anger and sadness I saw in my brother’s face. I remember the strength given to me to put my house in order and walk away. Sacrificing a part of my heart for God. I know that strength He gives me every time I face that anger and hurt and pain again and again and again.

My God is GREAT! He is absolute. He is everlasting, overwhelming and finite. He is my beginning and He will say when it ends. He lifted me up out of my PIT and HE has saved me. He took me from NOTHING and gave me EVERYTHING, for NOTHING.

Just to show how much He loves me.

AMEN

What do you remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment